Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Both
Fated:
Quirked : Emitter

PostSubject: Day 1: Candidate Selection   Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Day 1: First Singularity: Argonaut Institute
Image:

A podium with “Gregory Leos, Director of Argonaut” on a plaque stood before a large number of Master candidates the group had been hand-picked carefully by Leo himself. Although his name being Gregory Leos people tended to call him Greg or Leo he didn’t mind either but next to him stood a woman in a black tuxedo shirt and tie. She was radiant even in a simple suit, styled after a story of a servant in the recent grail wars of Fuyuki city.

Even with her hair braided she looked brilliantly awash in heavenly light. He shook his head he was about to greet the new candidates to the program.
Walking up on the stage she followed him and stood behind his right side, actually it was precisely half a pace behind him half a pace to the right. He knew it was her way of keeping him safe, but it couldn’t hurt her to step a few more paces away either. He was lucky her vessel heard his call. He knew that he wouldn’t betray her trust, but he also sighed and appreciated the attention.

'Master was nervous again, he never liked it when I hover near him but letting strangers this close was dangerous especially when Master was the key to the ARGOS system. No wait that wasn’t right it was Altered Reality Global... something system. So calling it the Argos system meant referring to the word system twice. Ugh, why did modern mages have to name things so foolishly? Oh! Altered Reality Global Operation System, which was powered by the Naught. That’s right. The Naught' she thought to herself.

Taking a step toward the window and away from her master she peered down into the core of Mount Olympus which was hollowed out for the ARGOS, and it’s connection to the Naught. The near infinite mana producing generator that supplied the entire complex with energy. Usually this technology would run on something called electricity, but instead, the mana generator powered everything from the lights to the command seals on Master's hand. Taking the sort back she looked at him and also sighed, what a naive Master she had found.

As she stepped away a swell of guilt washed over Gregory as he felt as if he had wished her away despite his earlier begrudge of her placement Leo realized he missed the moment she went further away. He turned to the crowd, which had been smaller then he expected but all the same, composed himself and clearing his airways with a half cough he began.

“Gathered Mages, we are herein called to serve the greatest good even in our quest for the root we must preserve life for the future, you all have been gathered her to take part in serving this noble task. The preservation of humanity's future, a few short years ago the Chaldea Mages discovered many singularities that plague our past, with the ability to travel through time with their systems they began to correct singularity after singularity, but it was not enough.” He paused for dramatic effect, “We will have your first servants summoned here in this room, on the ground around you is the seals of summoning, with these magic runes you will summon forth your own servants." Gregory gestured to the floor nearby, and some homunculi helped the master candidates get sorted out to each of the summoning areas assigned to them. A screen came down to cover the windows and text appeared in mid-air. Though the written word was in a non-Greek language, it is the magical language that is understandable by all members of magical society a written language that translates for you as you observe it. The inscription is the verbal requirements to summon a servant.

Elements of silver and iron;
Foundation of stone and the Archduke of pacts;
A wall for descending wind;
Close the gates on the four sides;
Come forth from the thrones;
And follow the forked road leading to the kingdom;
Behold! My will creates your body;
And your sword; my destiny;
If you heed the Grail's call...
and obey my will and reason.
Then answer me.
I hereby swear!
That I shall be all the good in the world!
And that I shall defeat all evil in the world!
Seventh Heaven, clad in the great words of power.
Spring forth now Guardian of the Scales!

"The ritual is here summon when ready," Leo turns to the woman behind him, "Ruler, will you oversee the summoning to confirm validity?" She stepped forward and changed her clothing in a quick, brilliant light display that was momentary and instantaneous. She stood and held her banner aloft, and it glowed while she stood in observation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
The Great Sage

PostSubject: Re: Day 1: Candidate Selection   Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Despite the tense atmosphere between the living catastrophe that contested the heavens themselves and the mother of liberation, Wukong could still crack a snarky grin that revealed his simian canines. Suddenly, the earth beneath him warped with a sudden ‘bang’, rubble flying in all directions as he seemed to vanish entirely. The Buddha was prepared for his sudden acceleration, but not confidently enough to land her fatal strike. So, to deter the great sage a little while longer, the Buddha thrust her palm before The Monkey king could reach her. The servants nearby would then witness a mindblowing spectacle...as a phantasmal palm about half the size of the mountains suddenly manifested and swept a massive portion of the already destroyed forest with it as well as Beserker...leaving a wide trail of dirt in its wake. The palm that collided into the side of the mountain range, the ground trembling momentarily as a cloud of debris cast itself over the site of impact. Again, the Buddha sent another tempest like palm blast of pressurized air and mana towards the same site. BOOM...another massive tremor shook the earth as the dust and floating rubble grew larger...but something was wrong.

A look of surprise and fear suddenly struck the buddha as...from the obscurity of the destruction...a single warrior walked out brandishing a bowstaff. Hoping to force him back into the mountain, and then find a moment of vulnerability to strike with her noble phantasm, Tara Bosatsu sent palm blast after palm blast at the monkey king...sweeping more and more dirt from the already bare lane of destruction she had made...but not once did she manage to take the great king off of his feet. Every time the semi-transparent colossal palm passed through him, he would slide back a few meters...but then keep trudging forward. Maybe...just maybe...if she put a bit more mana behind her blast...she could take Wukong off balance long enough for her to close the distance herself and…

The squelching sound of flesh being torn brought the fight to and end...and before the Buddha knew it she had been impaled through the heart by the obedient golden staff. Not only that, but her corrupted arm had been seized by the monkey king...who had squeezed it hard enough for the radial bone and the ulna to break in the middle...leaving half of her forearm dangling unnaturally where the Sage equalling heaven had gripped her. Massive quantities of blood began to surface from the wound, and even more spilled from her lips as she gazed deep into the golden eyes that held so much hatred for her.

“You were no match, seeing as you have been pulled from your natural affinity and…’ the Monkey King looked at her dark arm with disgust...the flesh slightly warped and a bit of bone splintering through the fabric of her skin, “forced into madness.” the Monkey king himself looked slightly injured, his armor tarnished a bit, some pieces fractured off in the first assault. Aside from that, a small blood trail from the top of his scalp and his mouth were the only other signs of evidence that he had been injured. “Though you must understand that your fate would have been the same even iff enlightenment was yours...after all...you are not a buddha of war...and seeing as I am destined to be known as the Great Fighting Buddha,” he scoffed...hating the fact that he had eventually left his anger aside in life, “you would never stand a chance.”

Yet as the Buddha crept closer to death though, a bit of her natural spirit surfaced...and she smiled...happy that the curse of madness was finally loosening its hold on her. “Young King, It is good to know that your legend indeed ends with your enlightenment. But even as you are now, I can see that you are destined for greatness and…” It didn’t matter if the prophecy she alluded to was true or not, only that she had angered the great Monkey King with her talk of his fall to divinity. That being said, he cut her off by expanding the width of his staff while it was still pierced through her. The result...was the buddha’s body being torn to bloody pieces to the sound of squelching flesh being pulled apart. The massive pools of blood that splattered on the ground, the peripheral sounds of bones splintering...eventually ended though...and like all servants she would eventually dissolve into a dazzling golden mist. Shame...she deserved that unsavory death.

“Greek gods...i sense your presence while the battles continue,” Wukong annoyance was clear as he stabbed his staff into the ground after it returned to its normal size. The blood that coated it once had now cleared. “Choosing to be spectators while a war continues on your grounds...how pitiful...how cowardly...but then again the gods of greece were infamous for the pitiful behavior. You all thought you had ascended over humanity because of power...yet you allow the corruptions of humanity turn you into disgusting tyrants…” his battle had not ended with Buddha...and it would not end until every sign of divine presence would either leave...or be eviscerated. “So i challenge you all...to rid the word of your revolting existence! Every last one of you will taste my staff as i split yours skulls...or...perhaps you are all really cowards! Afraid that the luxurious you had where you could mistreat those who blindly worship you will end. HA! Pitiful! If that is the case then you are no gods!” The great sage spat on the ground, spat on the great land of Olympus. He would have his way...and if not he would make sure that the gods were beneath him in other ways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Micheal
Ruler
Ruler

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Both
Fated:
Quirked : Emitter

PostSubject: Re: Day 1: Candidate Selection   Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:59 am

As strike after strike broke the surrounding mountains the protective barrier that Leo had begun moments before withheld the shaking of the earth as palm thrust after palm thrust slammed Berserker into the mountainside. The spell didn't require movement from Ruler's body, so she stood and watched and prayed. Ruler gazed over the battle watching as berserkers raged against one another, Buddha could not have been a better contest for The Lord Wukong, his anti-divinity based Noble Phantasm would help in every fight, but even more so the monkey king would be best suited for fighting his most hated rival, but playtime was over, time to pull his reins. Telepathically she pressed the monkey king's mind with words, Her telepathic thoughts became softer as she added, Ruler felt having him think of the women in the group may slightly not quell his rage but subvert it for one of his many vices, she would not be unwilling to utilize it.

Of course, she had called him back at precisely the wrong moment for the instant they, Ruler and Leo, finished sending him a telepathic message did two women appear.  One wielding a massive shield the other a scythe, both adorned in Greco-roman attire, contemporary for the era, likely servants from this era. They arrived on the wind as if the had blown into place from one breeze to the next and they stood near the edge of the rebuilt plateau that was still held safe by a barrier of the making of Leo, barely. The two women that appeared did so inside the bounded field and stood with a kind attitude, only servants could pass through a barrier like this, considering it was made by a mere human. It wasn't worth Ruler's effort to look surprised, so she didn't as she knew exactly who these women were. "Athena of Athens, and Demeter, Goddess of the Seasons. Be you friend or foe, and speak quickly! Our Berserker has a fond hate of the divine, so speak before he arrives.  He likely smelt your divinity on the wind." Ruler commanded calmly, they hadn't arrived in a fashion that would be common for an attacking force. However, they also hadn't merely walked up. Athena spoke as she turned to face Ruler. "We are not your enemy, Jeanne d'Arc, we are here to provide you with our king's warmest welcomes, and humbly do what he in all his vanity can not." They both dropped to one knee and bowed, Athena towards Ruler and Demeter towards the rest still standing on the plateau. Then spoke in perfectly rehearsed unison, "We request aid from the slayers of Berserker, on behalf of the Greek pantheon, The Olympian Gods. We in our darkest hour have fouled our timeline and have need of you and your strength." They remained on their knees as Demeter spoke on her own, "One of our own has made contact with a young man, but likely lacks the reason to grant him any wisdom. Our Caster is a truly unreliable man." The two remained bowed in a humble invite, necks exposed at the back, as if ready to be beheaded if it was deemed worthy. Ruler turned to the Masters and servants as if to look for a consensus on whether or not to help them.

PostSubject: Re: Day 1: Candidate Selection   Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:34 am

With the long distance power of the archer putting pressure on HIS allies, the Khan of Khans had only one course of action in mind. Though he and his master had originally intended to challenge whatever servant was nearest them, it seemed he would have to change his tactics on the fly, a trivial matter all things considered. Lifting his master by the sheath of the massive sword strapped to her back he began to run forward towards the mountain that hosted the gunner.

With hearty and triumphant laughter, Temujin threw himself and his master into the air, a galloping white horse materializing on the ground, ready to catch them, already in motion. He took up the reins  and patted the horse's neck as Lily came to land infront of him, secure on the steed.

"It is good to see you again young one, today you play host to us both, forgive me the trouble my trusty steed! Now we go, to a battle fit for the Khan!"

These first few moments had been a blur of motion and activity and the Rider had already taken it upon himself to thrust them into action before Lily had had a moment to gather herself together. Before she even could speak a word about it she found herself on horseback with the Khan at her back, taking them at breakneck pace towards a seaside mountain in the distance.

"Rider! Is this really tae best plan? Rushing tae enemy head on like this? Tae've got tae high ground and range, we're stuck in bad!"

"HAHAHA!!! You worry too much little master! Come, let me show you what made Temujin so feared in his day! I am Genghis Khan! The Khan of Khans! I fear no enemy! We will run them through before this day is done!"

He drew his sword and thrust it into the air, perfectly balanced atop his horse despite the intensity of their ride. As the sun glinted off of the blade, another shot range through the air int the blade, bouncing off of it and knocking the sword from the mongol's hand.

"HAHA! They've noticed us finally!"

"What now Rider!?"

"Now we fight!"

Down one sword but not anywhere even close to started, the mongol ruler drew his other blade and spun it, steering his horse around gunfire as it came their way, never once faltering or losing speed.

"I call upon you as the Khan of Khans, Ruler of the Mongol Tribes and Chosen Under the Eternal Blue Sky! I summon you now, Archers of the Mongol Empire, your Khan calls you to serve once more!"

He thrust his sword forward as if commanding an army to move forward to punctuate his summons, touching on his noble phantasm so soon. He was a Khan, there was no need to be subtle on the battlefield, he would crush his foe and he best knew how to do it. One does not conquer the known world without a head for tactical warfare.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Day 1: Candidate Selection   

Back to top Go down

Day 1: Candidate Selection
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2