Tobakado
~The Clockwork Moderator~
Tobakado

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Hammerstad
Fated:
Quirked :

An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:04 am

First topic message reminder :

((OOC Previous info about why he is so beat up! http://rpreguh.forumotion.com/t140-mining-blues-mission-closed#309 ))

It was a dry day in the northern part of mertuil as usual. Rakust has been traveling for days with his paycheck buying all of the bread and water he could to traverse the desert. From the tips of the Dragon's Maw of Hammerstad, to the the markets of Mertuil, he had hoped one of his helper drones would fetch a pretty price to those who did not have the capabilities of golemancy as common as the dwarves. Traveling on top of his rocky golem Rocky, and running along day and night on top of his armless golem. He had them ripped off in a previous job and now carried them within the stumps of what remains of his arms. He had hoped to make enough to repair the damage to rocky and his power armor. Hell even his control rod might even work a pretty penny, after all runeweapons are a rarity and a powerful one at that.

He swiveled the last waterskin he had, barely a swig left in it, using the other hand to hold balance on Rocky. a haunch of bread remained in his pockets, squished and crumbled. It would only be a days worth of sustenance. Looking up, using the skin as a shadow to the blinding sun, he could see the tips of the jewel of the desert breaking the mirror-flat surface of the desert. He was just hours away from his new life. Or so he hoped. He swigged the last of his water, celebrating his arrival. And he held on tighter in excitement. At the very least he could find a better job paying more than coppers for bread.

When he arrived he ached getting down. It was not a smooth ride, and not a moment he spent resting properly. It was like riding horseback while asleep for like a week. 

He took a moment to strech his body a moment, noticing the break in his leg armor as he went about. It was going to be a cumbersome job to wear it, so he sat down and pulled them apart and off. As he told Rocky to shut down until he required him again, the workers came off his armor and started to assist him in disassembling them and carrying them for him, quick and strong in their appendages, an attempt to steal these would not end well with a Golem right behind him. After he got the metaphoric sand out of his boots, he would start to look for the markets with the spiders holding the gear below their bodies. It was not hard to find, as the infrastructure was centered around it. Just following any major road lead to the central markets, as the other way was a dead end to the deserts.

Where to start? Where would he sell? How much COULD he sell for? He would need to get started and fast before the noon rush was over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
jbird

jbird

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Ard Patrinell shook the mans hand who introduced himself as shade. Behind him he heard a small voice stammering and made out his name being said in the jumble. He turned in time to hear the peculiar metal dwarf saying

"A-A-Ardicus, u-um... Y-y-you lllllook l-like you would... um... know who would... ah... eh. Fix.. stuff?"
 Ard turned and looked towards the dwarf taking the three steps that separated him and the dwarf, bending down to take a knee to be at eye level with this interesting being. Ard took a second to replay what the dwarf had said and pieced together that he was looking for someone whop could fix his metal limbs. As a matter of fact the only person who Ard has ever met in Mertuil while traveling with his master was an old dwarf named Jorn Falduum. Jorn was an artificer of great respect from the Hammerstad mountains. He moved here to retire and on his travels with his master Ard had been to visit the old dwarf many times. Standing up and smiling Ard says " I'll tell you what my newfound friends I wish to by you all drinks, You master dwarf and Dragonkin for interrupting your conversation with my flying lessons and you sir shade for respect".  "I only have one errand to run before we can take to the bars, I must visit an old friend and I believe sir dwarf that you could use his skills as well he is dwarf but also a steam engineer and an artificer who may be able to help you with that busted limb". Smiling cheerfully at the small group of misfits he has encountered he invites them to join him and sets out in the direction of Jorn's workshops.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
travishogsed

travishogsed

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Wanderer
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 pm

as ard told them about the dwarf artificer and took off Acis thought what the hell and started to run after him. He figured that it could be kinda cool to see some of the stuff the dwarf might have, so he followed Ard as he ran. He was easily able to keep up with the mage finding that he was fairly slow in comparison, but it didn't matter as long as they got to were they was going. besides he was in company with a dwarf as well and most of the time they couldn't run very fast either so this would be a slow run one way or another or they would leave the dwarf. which made acis then wounder if the mage had thought so as well and just was't running as fast as he could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rave

rave

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:29 pm

shade stared at the man and said  "then  were off" as he followed the  rather odd group of adventures. He knew that one was a dwarf but the other two seemed odd one had wings yet he dose not fly and the other glowed like some of the fairy folk. That lived in the great forest but he looked human enough but one thing he knew for certain that it would be an interesting evening. For some reason or another they wanted to know him were as other people wanted to stone him. so all in all  its a good day so far 
as he pulled out a small coin and started twirling it through his fingers. For the first time in ten years he smiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobakado
Tobakado

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Ard walked slowly towards Rakust and stooped down to his knees, looking at him at eye level. He told him of an old dwarf of the name Jorn Falduum. Rakust eyes lit up. He remembered the name from his Father, Delrak Ebonbeard. It was his mentor's mentor and thus he would be seeing the master of the master of Golemancy. That was it! He was told that he shamed the Dwarven society, and now it made sense. He became a surface dweller such as him. Surely, he would help the son of his apprentice. 

" I'll tell you what my newfound friends I wish to by you all drinks, You master dwarf and Dragonkin for interrupting your conversation with my flying lessons and you sir shade for respect".  "I only have one errand to run before we can take to the bars, I must visit an old friend and I believe sir dwarf that you could use his skills as well he is dwarf but also a steam engineer and an artificer who may be able to help you with that busted limb"

Both Acis and Shade agreed to the notion, especially Rakust who raised his hands in a victorious manner and said "Alright! Rocky lets go!" And with that the spider drones moved to attach the armor back to his limbs.  Once it was complete, they climbed ontop of the apparatuses and retracted their limbs and attaching themselves to the armor, looking nothing more than studs on there. Then screams and thuds could be heard from behind them. A giant two ton rock golem was jogging towards them. People scampered about, trying not to get trampled by the merciless construct. When it arrived, it was carrying its arms in the stubs of its elbows. It knelt down and Rakust clambered on top of it. And at this point, the dwarf was dwarfing the party. "alright Rocky, follow them!" he said without hesitation with a point to the elf.

View user profile
jbird

jbird

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Ard looked on as heard the dwarf proclaim "Alright! Rocky lets go!"  that seems to have been the first thing he had actually understood the dwarf say without having to work at it. When the dwarf had finished his summons a great commotion was heard at the other end of the markets gasps and screams all came from the crowd as a large golem came tromping up to kneel next to the dwarf who simply climbed on his back with ease.  Ard had learned about golems from Jorn when he and his master had visited him all those times. He smiled as the dwarf looked content on the golem and started off in the direction of Jorn's old workshops.

It did not take long at all to navigate the streets as most of the passerby's simply moved from the way as they saw the golem treading through the market. Ard led the small party to a large building which had the look of being abandoned but remembering he walked to the large door reached above the frame which house it and began to feel around. it took him a minute as the others stared on but he found the hidden latch that he had helped install many years ago. Ard pressed the latch and heard the clicking of gears and the whine of chains and metal on metal, the sound was muffled through magic his master had laid down and the mechanism was warded against many different things with deterrents set in place for people who might tamper with it. To Ard's surprise nothing happened as he stepped through the old doors of the building the door opened into an empty room about thirty feet square where there was only one other door leading out and a small rope placed beside the door. Ard motioned the others inside walked to the opposite door and pulled the string nothing happened surprisingly just a pull but Ard knew that the old dwarf would hear his summons. Ard turned back to his motley party and said "well for now we wait, it should not take long he might just be tied up in an experiment that cannot be left at the moment or he is still sleeping I imagine that the old dwarf is getting pretty decrepit in his age". At that Ard felt a sudden pain in the back of his head as he hit the ground. Looking behind him he saw a dwarf who looked like he was in his prime short and stout but well muscled with a waist long beard in two separate braids a work belt around his waist with hammers and cogs and valves. A set of tented goggles placed on top of his head and at this moment a smile was broad and full across his forge scarred face.

Jorn let out a laugh that was so full and deep that it rumbled in the small bare room. “You wizards and mages all think no one can hear you even when we can lad".

Ard regained his feet and in spite of the head ache he was feeling emerge he walked across the room and hugged the dwarf feeling a little of the warmth he used to feel from his master. He remembered the countless times he had visited Jorn here and some of the adventure Jorn had set out on with him and his master close friends he remembered the first time he had called the dwarf uncle and saw the pride in the other’s eyes. After the embrace Jorn looked at him with a genuine love and wonder. It had been a decade since he had last seen the dwarf but nothing has changed strong and resolute he was implacable and he was the closest thing Ard still had to family. Ard holding back emotions said that he had business he needed to talk to Jorn about but remembering his manners he introduced his friends  and proceeded to tell Jorn that his new friend was in need of assistance with his amour if he could spare the time.

Last edited by jbird on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jbird

jbird

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Jorn Falduum    An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 1:27 pm

An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 150px-Dwarven_smith
Back to top Go down
View user profile
travishogsed

travishogsed

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Wanderer
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 3:42 pm

Acis watched as ard opened to door to the house and seeing inside of it their was nothing their except for an empty room. with another door on they other side of it. Acis wasn't one for waiting and decided that maybe it was best if he went on and kept going his way like he normally did. Acis told everyone that it was nice to meet them but he needed to be off now. has he left they others standing in the room. he thought to himself that it was time to go he had spent enough time here and was in need of some action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rave

rave

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 22, 2013 12:22 pm

As shade went ghost form and walked through the wall he told Acis farewell as he went inside with the others. To see the  ard picking himself up where he was struck in the back of the head by a really burly dwarf shade could feel his teeth rattle after the blow. but even still ard picked himself up and hugged the dwarf and introduced everyone to him shade stood there as they talked back and forth about try to help the dwarf with the really bad beat up golem  then shade chuckled out loud just a little as he thought that he really thought the dwarf never came up to the surface but yet two sits in front of him rite here and they both tinker with golems amazing. shade sits back and watches the other men talk business and took every thing in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tobakado
Tobakado

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 7:11 am

Rakust felt safe ontop of his near eight foot golem, even if it was missing proper arms. The comfort of the golem was like that of a child trying to speak with a stranger, waiting for the father to give consent. He told the golem to follow ard with nary a stutter. The golem followed bounding and stomping away almost merrily, with this interesting party of adventurers. They went through this street and that. Rakust saw many people who now came up to his golem's knees. He wondered how that was how he looked to others. It scared him to think that he was that puny compared to everyone else. However, on the golem, he felt as if the tables were turned.

He was lost in thought when his golem stopped abruptly, and shook backwards. He lurched forward and back as his momentum struggled to keep up. The dwarf looked down and they have arrived at a small shack. The quality of the house was much more shoddy than the rest of the norm, but Rakust did not know much of the outside culture to understand that this would appear abandoned to the rest of the group. He knew Dwarven Culture and ONLY dwarven culture.

The mage was feeling around the top of the door. From up here, he could see a small latch near a corner. As he switched it, Rakust could hear the small clicks and whirrs, if only faintly of mechanical cogs and gears doing their magic. This building was much too small for the Golem so as he clambered down, the team moved in. He could hear some talking behind him as he climbed. Once on the ground, he told his golem to stay. And It stood there, only waiting for the next order.

Rakust turned around just in time to see Ard hit the floor. Behind him was a dwarf holding a stick where he once stood. He laughed as he spoke “You wizards and mages all think no one can hear you even when we can lad".

Rakust moved into the room, donning his broken armor. "err.. Um j-j-jorn i I i take it? Wha why d-did you, um hit. Ard?"

He stuttered to the other dwarf.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]   An Exile's Path [open no combat pls] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Exile's Path [open no combat pls]
Page 1 of 1