Shattered World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime/Fantasy Action RPG Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posting users this month
No user
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 33 on Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:53 am
"Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] AnsgarWordcount-2

"Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyren Zegheim

Cyren Zegheim

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Wanderer
Fated:
Quirked :

"Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] Empty
PostSubject: "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]   "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 9:08 pm

"Yeah! You show them Master Zegheim!" perched high in a cliff, safe from any undead monsters, stood a young boy. He cheered for the gold clad man swinging away at the groaning dead-living things.

Cyren, the man clad in gold, ignored his cheers, as they would distract him and the zombies would grab him and rib his-

No! He thought. DO NOT THINK LIKE THAT RIGHT NOW!

Cyren kicked one undead's head off, grabbed one and smashed it's head in with his pommel then threw that one at another. He did a classic Link Spin Attack, quarter slashed a runner, then his friend behind him, then preformed a well-timed 720 slash, ending the attack with his sword over his shoulder.

"YEAH! Go Master Zeghei- Ahh!"

The young mage was not as safe as he'd originally thought, as one of the undead found it's way up to him. Luckily, the boy was adept at fire magic.

"Dammit, Kryn!"

With exceptional skill, the young man, Cyren, smashed his sword downward, splitting the zombie in half along with a bit of the ground. He lifted the sword parallel to the ground and ran forward, stabbing through one of the undead, then another and another, then was stopped by an armed zombie. From there he throw the zombies off of his sword with a 360 swing and rested the sword on his shoulder.

There aren't supposed to be armed undead here, he though. We aren't even that far into Bone Yard.

He backed himself close to the cliff wall, the other undeads encasing the two in a thin circle. Human versus undead. Cyren ended quickly. He quickly stepped twice up the cliff wall, and jumped up. He then brought his sword down hard against the defending undead's blade and split it, the zombie and the ground with one strike.

Shit, I'm going to have to sharpen this blade later.

Cyren kneed through one undead and then swung at another with his sword. He dropped both and then made his way to his young apprentice.

"Kryn, are you alright? Your mother would kill me if something happened to you."

"Master, I'm fine. I apologize for worrying you."

"We'd probably get going now, right?"

Kryn nodded. "With you with me, I'll be safe."

Cyren laughed and replied, "Yeah, but you'd better have my back."
Back to top Go down
Nero Lockheart

Nero Lockheart

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Gywenneth
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]   "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 am

This place is teeming with magic, just like they said. I wonder... Nero's eyes scanned through the deadness that was the Bone Yard. There were plenty of undead to go around, but this area had too little of a challenge for him. The weaker zombies here were too slow to put up much of a fight, even in swarms. He needed to go deeper.

He paid little to no attention at the ghouls as he made his way closer to more hostile territory. When he heard the glorious sound of fighting in the distance, he was surprised. He wasn't so sure that there would be anyone here. Deciding it was best to remain hidden until he knew for sure that the fighters weren't hostile towards him, he walked with care and stuck close to the dead trees dotted here and there.

His eyes and ears were tuned towards the clashing as he homed in. There were two fighters below the cliff he stood on. One was armed with a sword and was clad in gold armor. The other one was lightly armored. Probably a magic user, or an archer by the looks of him. He couldn't quite tell from where he was.

They were holding up pretty well against the horde. They didn't need his help.

As he turned to continue to the center of the bone yard, he came face to face with a dozen skeletons and half rotting zombies wielding a variety of blades. These will have to do, he thought to himself.

He stepped forward, but he felt something around his ankle. A quick glance revealed a bony hand gripping his ankle. More emerged from the ground and grabbed hold of his cape, trying to pull him down.

Nero stomped on the hand holding his ankle to free himself and ripped the cape off of the grabby hands.

The ground shifted suddenly and he heard the cliff itself moan as it collapsed under him. He tumbled down the cliff face along with the ground, hitting the ground hard. There was nothing to complain about, seeing as he was still alive and not under the rocks.

A quick inspection revealed tunnels all around the cliff, and a couple of dozens of corpses trying to claw their way out of the cliff to feast on the living. Then he remembered those two others. Were they friends or foe? Whatever the case, he had to retrieve his sword first. It was laying on the ground near where cliff face slid.

By the time he was on his feet, the nearby undead had started going for him. Nero drew both hands to his side, facing palm to palm. Between his hands a silent glow started to shine. He thrust his hands forward and a ray of superheated vapor blasted through a couple of undead.

He dashed, then dived to evade a slash, grabbing his sword as he landed. With a twist of it's hilt, the crystalline blade appeared like an wizard's illusion. While he dealt with beheading the undead, he kept an eye out for the other two. No knowing what they were capable of.
Back to top Go down
Cyren Zegheim

Cyren Zegheim

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]   "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:58 pm

"M-m-master Cyren!" The boy Kryn cried.

"Never fear, Cyren is here. DIE YOU DAMN UNDEAD MOLE FODDER!"

On of the more fleshless of the undead had managed to grab hold of Cyren's young apprentice. Luckily, Cyren intercepted the oncoming bite with a armored fist. Knocked it's head clean off, but it was an undead skeleton, so he couldn't help but dislocate the rest of it's body and throw it off of the cliff before returning to smashing the other zombies and such.

Kryn was doing his best too. He was trying to remember the incantations for his customized version of the fireball spell.

"Any time, boy! any time!"

"Hey, don't rush me!"

Cyren grunted while smashing through another three of the undead. "It's my job to make you get better! Working under pressure is a great way to- Gah!" A fleshy one tried to attach it's teeth to Cyren's armor. Cyren responded by smashing it's head in with his pommel 8 times then swinging at another 3 attempting foes.

"I got it! I remember!" Kryn held his palms out face-up, separate from each other. He'd uttered the incantation for one fireball, modified to specify a colder, yellow flame. Next his mouth moved preforming the spell for a blue, hotter flame. "Ha! When I throw these two and they collide, it should change the temperature of the-"

"EFF SCIENCE, JUST THROW THE DAMN THINGS!"

"Yessir!" With that, Kryn threw the two fireballs in perfect and practiced unison. They both missed all the of the undead untill they hit an area far to the left of Cyren. It hit in the middle of a few zombies and skellies. upon contact with each other, the fire formed into a searing hot vortex of science. The only thing is it didn't last long, now was it too big horizontally, though it was tall. It only burned the ones closest to it. Everything behind them was fine.

"Nice just make it... better."
Back to top Go down
Nero Lockheart

Nero Lockheart

Character sheet
Shattered worlds groups: Gywenneth
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]   "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:44 am

He confirmed that the other boy was indeed a mage. Focused on fire magic it seemed. Too young in the study to be of any help for him. Looks like he'd have to train by himself longer.

The rattling of the undead began to create a rhythm as Nero's slashes resounded melodically in the air in tune with his grunts. The enemy's blades simple slid or bounced back from his armor due to the dullness of the blades. But the force was still a problem.

As the undead thinned out a little, his crystalline blade flashed dully and a streak of reddish orange mist appeared inside the translucent sword. If the undead could hold out longer, perhaps he could finally use it's specialty.

Just when he thought that his share of undead was finally dwindling down, another wave crawled out from the ground. They were the remains of much more experienced warriors, packing rusted gladius and round shields, spiked and metal.

They banged their shields with their swords, but Nero brushed off the intimidation and strategically lunged himself into the heart of the mob.

((Kept it short. Sorry for the wait))
Back to top Go down
Cyren Zegheim

Cyren Zegheim

Character sheet
Fated:
Quirked :

PostSubject: Re: "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]   "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:58 pm

(Terribly sorry for the wait. Long post to make up for it?)

Cyren leaned his head or either side, making a popping noise with his neck joints as he did so. He lifted his leg high then brought it down hard into an undead's skull, rather, what was left of it's skull. Cyren brought his Cygheim down upon the cursed dead of Bone Yard. He smashed more than he cut, and when he cut, he cut clean. This was little to no stopping this force of destruction as they were now. If the undead weren't only thinking with they're stomachs, they probably would have ran away by now when they saw they were getting smashed, slashed and scorched.

The kid in the back was doing the scorching. The apprentice mage summoned fireballs quickly and calmly, not to mention accurately. He would have done another one of his flame vortexes, but he saw how useful that was at it's production stage. As he melted faces and limbs, he was thinking about how he would finished the technique and turn it into a single spell instead of two fireball spells.

Cyren was still having fun. But there's a question that probably needs answering: If Cyren and Kryn are totally dominating, why haven't they escaped yet? It's because they were still training. Rather, Cyren was still training Kryn. Whenever he wanted, he could clear a path for Kryn to escape and then himself follow, but he purposefully left the zombies and skellies bunched up on the base of the hill.

Kryn was now panting with fatigue and needed water and a short rest. "Master Cyren, I need water and a short rest, can you handle them for a bit?"

Cyren answered with a grunt as he jumped to the middle of the row of undeads and unleashed all hell upon them again. Kryn removed the pack from his pack to produced a canteen from it. He looked across Bone Yard in awe. I wonder if this place would look good if there were no undead roaming around. "Huh?" He exclaimed as he saw the man. The lone man fighting the armed undead a little ways away.

"Master Cyren! There's a man! He seems to be doing fine on his own, honestly, but he's surrounded by armed undead"

Cyren heard, but didn't respond right away. He suddenly quit holding back and hacked the undedz to pieces so he could have a bit a breathing space. Anything within 9 feet of him was now a pile of flesh and bones on the ground, besides Kryn. "A man? Poor guy. I wish I could help him, but you have to come first. I promised your mother no Armed Undead. Actually, I promised your mother not to come to Bone Yard in the first place, but I'm translating that as 'no armed undead.' I have to give myself at least some rules with you." Cyren slashed a few more undead bastards trying to get him into halves then quarters. "See if you can't blast a few from the cliff. And please don't hit him, he may be important to someone."

"Aye!" With that, Kryn fired up another prototype spell he'd been working on. It starts just like the other one, with a colder flame and a hotter flame in each hand. They were smaller balls of flame, as he had been firing for the past few minutes now. Instead of throwing them separately, he pushed them together. Instead of forming a flaming vortex of death, he used magic to compress the flaming vortex into a ball shape. He panted as he tried to control the flames. Keeping a flaming tornado in the shape of a ball while keeping it going is hard work. He pulled his arm back and launched it into a crowd of undead soldiers in front of the stranger. The fireball sucked in the closest enemies then exploded, taking another wave of enemies.

Why didn't his other flaming vortex spell do that? He has trouble keeping flames going that aren't in his hand. Fireballs are the exception, but only because he places a small explosion spell in each of them and tethers the flames to it. His special touch, so easy it's practically ingrained in the spell when he does it now. His other vortex couldn't suck in the enemies because it couldn't gain speed enough to do so, like this vortex-fireball hybrid did in his hand and while tethered to the explosive spell.

Anyway, the boy sat down and panted. He was out of it, at least for a while. He took a swig from the canteen and listened to the moaning of the undead and the yells and grunts of his master.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]   "Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Whatchya up to?" "Nothing, just re-killing some undead." [open]
Page 1 of 1